Carvel Project Returns to the Public Eye , TriCorner News, March 22, 2012 Vacation Homes: Why It May Be Time to Buy , The Wall Street Journal, July 23, 2011 Resurgence of the... Read more
- Roads will be privately owned and maintained, creating no burden to taxpayers.
- The developer will make a number of safety improvements to local roads including:
- Creating a safer intersection at Woodward Hill Road and Route 199
- Adding a roundabout at the intersection of Woodward Hill Road and West Shore Drive for traffic calming
- Constructing a safer condition where Ferris Lane intersects the Taconic State Parkway.
- New central water supply and wastewater treatment facilities will be provided to serve the Project’s residential and golf course needs. The project will not draw water from the Pine Plains Hamlet aquifer. The golf course irrigation system will make use of recycled water to limit demands on natural aquifers.
- The Lake Carvel dam will be replaced; the new dam will be constructed 550 feet north of the current dam site.