Carvel Project Returns to the Public Eye , TriCorner News, March 22, 2012 Vacation Homes: Why It May Be Time to Buy , The Wall Street Journal, July 23, 2011 Resurgence of the... Read more
Ham Brook Trail System
- Proposed 4.3 mile Ham Brook Trail System within Carvel Property Development’s open space area. This publicly-accessible hiking trail will pass through or near a variety of ecological settings, including woodland, wetlands, open meadows, and agricultural land.
- The Ham Brook Trail System will be marked with sign posts indicating natural features, habitats and species of interest.
- The proposed trail runs approximately parallel to Route 199 and extends from the Pine Plains residential hamlet district to the Lafayetteville State Multiple Use Area in Milan.
- Trail system includes a spur to the historic Warehousen Cemetery near Hicks Hill Road.
- Public trailhead facility at the Spruce Farm Chautauqua, located at the eastern end of the trail, includes parking, a restroom, and historic, archeological, and ecological displays.
- Supplementary trailhead will be located at 2290 Rt. 199, where parking will also be available.