Carvel Project Returns to the Public Eye , TriCorner News, March 22, 2012 Vacation Homes: Why It May Be Time to Buy , The Wall Street Journal, July 23, 2011 Resurgence of the... Read more
Welcome to Carvel Property Development
The Carvel Property Development is a recreation-oriented second-home community of 645 homes situated on 2,376 acres in New York State’s picturesque Hudson Valley. The beautiful landscape and rural character of the Project site provide a unique setting in which to create a master-planned community designed for an active lifestyle.
Vision for the Carvel Property Development:
- Preservation: Over 70% of the Carvel site (nearly 1,700 acres) will be preserved and permanently protected as open space.
- Sustainability: Creation of a model master-planned second-home community founded on principles of conservation and environmental sustainability in all aspects of development: design, construction, maintenance, and management.
- Environment: Identification and protection of the sensitive ecological communities on site within a system of contiguous open space which includes key wetlands, water bodies, and the Ham Brook watershed.
- Heritage: Incorporation of the rich architectural and cultural traditions of Northern Dutchess County in the Project’s overall site design, homes, club facilities and amenities, including retention and reuse of viable historic resources, and protecting the visual integrity, landscape, and character of the area.
- Recreation: Creation of an active lifestyle community providing unparalleled amenities, connection to the great outdoors, and a unique sense of place for its residents.
- Culture: Promotion of agriculture, education, culture, and the arts, both for CPD residents and for the surrounding community.
- Economy: Generation of new jobs, increased tax revenues and economic activity in the local communities.